News from Calabasas and Universal Appliance and Kitchen Center
It's the biggest event of the year in the City of Calabasas – except of course for those times when Universal Appliance and Kitchen Center is having a sale….and guess what? It's their Grand Opening right now. More about that later, but first a message from our City about the Calabasas Pumpkin Festival
The 2012 Calabasas Pumpkin Festival
Saturday & Sunday
October 20th & 21st
10:00am – 5:00pm Daily
at Juan Bautista de Anza Park
FREE PARKING & SHUTTLES
PARKING & ENTRANCE BEGINS AT CORNER OF LOST HILLS RD & AGOURA RD
(NOTE: No parking along Las Virgenes – Malibu Canyon Rd)
ADMISSION PRICE INCLUDES:
- Inflatables & Giant Slide (note: ride lines close at 4:30pm)
- Live Bands
- Reptile & Nature Shows
- Youth Carnival Games
- Business District & Fun Zone
- Sunday Car Show
FOR PURCHASE AT SITE:
- Delicious food & beer
- Jewelry & other craft items in the Marketplace
- Children's craft projects, balloons & face painting
- Pumpkins, Pumpkin Treats & Halloween Items
- ATM's on site. Credit card sales limited to select Marketplace vendors.
A Little Bit About Pumpkins…
(Reference: University of Illinois, 2007)
- Pumpkins originated in Central America.
- Pumpkins were once recommended for removing freckles and curing snake bites.
- Pumpkins range in size from less than a pound to over 1,000 pounds.
- Pumpkins are members of the vine crops family called cucurbits.
- The largest pumpkin ever grown weighed 1,140 pounds.
- Pumpkins are used for feed for animals.
- Pumpkins are 90 percent water.
- Eighty percent of the pumpkin supply in the United States is available in October.
You can purchase Pumpkins
At The Calabasas
More Delicious Scoop About Pumpkins…
- Pumpkins are actually a fruit.
- Pumpkin flowers are edible.
- The largest pumpkin pie ever made was over five feet in diameter and weighed over 350 pounds. It used 80 pounds of cooked pumpkin, 36 pounds of sugar, 12 dozen eggs and took six hours to bake.
- In early colonial times, pumpkins were used as an ingredient for the crust of pies, not the filling.
- Pumpkins contain potassium & Vitamin A
- Pumpkins make a perfect ingredient for delicious soups, pies, cookies, and breads!
While you are enjoying the Pumpkin Festival be sure to visit the brand new location for Universal Appliance and Kitchen Center right on Agoura Boulevard, where you can save on appliances and plumbing fixtures. Here are just a few examples:
- Purchase an entire Viking Kitchen for only $7622 (a $500 savings). Includes 30″ Gas Viking Range, 36″ Viking French Door Refrigerator, Viking dishwasher, and Viking over-the-range micro-hood combination. Regular price $8122.
- Jenn-Air Inventory Clearance. Purchase a 36″ Induction Cooktop model JEI0356ADS Was $2799. Clearance priced at $1499. Save $1300. Subject to Inventory on hand.
- Samsung 28 cu.ft French Door Refrigerator model RF4287HARS Sale priced at $2399. Reg. $3199. Save $800. Only 1 at this price.
- BEAT THE PRICE INCREASE! All Sub Zero and Wolf Appliances go up on Nov. 1. Buy now and save!!
Call or visit the experts at Universal Appliance and Kitchen Center today. Now two locations to serve you.