GE Dishwasher Shopping Guide
Read below tips from GE on selecting a new GE dishwasher.
Shopping Guide: Dishwashers
Whether you're looking to replace all of the appliances in your kitchen, or just your dishwasher, there have been many changes in technology that can help ensure that the appliance you choose is perfect for your home. This dishwasher guide will take you through the the latest features that can help save you time and money in the kitchen.
Built-In Dishwasher 24″
This is the most common type and size of dishwasher and comfortably fits between cabinets and underneath the counter. These dishwashers can hold up to 16 place settings.
For 7 consecutive years, GE has been awarded the Sustained Excellence Award for our commitment to creating appliances and lighting products that are more energy efficient – helping to reduce your energy bill and protect the environment. By replacing a dishwasher manufactured before 1994 with an ENERGY STAR® qualified dishwasher, you can save $40 a year on your utility bills*. Replace one of these old dishwashers with ENERGY STAR and save money to pay for dishwasher detergent all year. The new, ENERGY STAR qualified dishwasher will save, on average, 1200 gallons of water over its lifetime.
* U.S. Department of Energy
Not all GE dishwashers are stocked with the features mentioned below, but the list will help you learn more about the features that are available and what you can look for when shopping for a new dishwasher.
1. Control Location
- Front-Control Location. This is when the controls are located on the front panel of the dishwasher door; thus, to start the dishwasher, you'd close the door first.
- Top-Control Location. These controls are located along the top of the dishwasher door – making for a seamless look. To begin the dishwasher, you'd set desired settings before closing the door.
- Piranha™ Hard Food Disposer 5 Self-cleaning filters ensure clean dishes, while the Piranha™ Hard Food Disposer works to chop food up into tiny particles before being dispensed into the sink food disposer.
- Dedicated Silverware Jets Highly pressurized spray jets target the silverware area for improved cleaning.
- DeepClean™ Cycle with Steam Prewash This cycle is great for removing tough, baked-on soils like egg, rice and oatmeal.
- Half Load Options For lighter loads, the upper or lower rack only cycle is perfect because it uses less water than a full load.
Your best choice in Soucal for great selection and prices on GE dishwashers is Universal Appliance and Kitchen Center. Call or visit the experts at UAKC today:
Two locations to serve you – Calabasas and Studio City:
Category: UAKC News