Headquarters for Compact Major Appliances
Universal Appliance and Kitchen Center
There’s a trend in major cities towards small living quarters to accommodate young urban millenials who want urban living that is also affordable. In major appliances, brands from GE to Viking have begun to address this unfulfilled need.
GE Launches Small Appliance Lines
As cities grapple with housing shortages, the trend toward smaller living spaces is already a reality. Shrinking living spaces necessitate products and services that simplify, optimize and economize.
“As we watch what’s happening in the U.S., there’s a clear trend toward smaller, more efficient living spaces,” said Lou Lenzi, director of industrial design for GE Appliances. “There will always be a need for larger appliances for existing homes; however, we can’t ignore the growing need in urban environments.
At Universal Appliance and Kitchen Center, you don’t need to wait to address your space constraints. Compact appliances are available from a variety of manufacturers to fit a wide spectrum of needs and budgets. Here are a few examples:
Danby 3 Cu. Ft. Dual Door Compact Refrigerator: Black With Stainless Look
This dual door Energy Star rated compact refrigerator includes a separate fridge and freezer section. The 3.0 cu. ft. capacity provides enough room to keep small meals, snacks, leftovers, drinks and frozen fare handy. This miniature version of larger models is ideal for dorm rooms, the recreation room or the office.
- 3.0 cu.ft. (84 litres) capacity refrigerator
- Energy Star compliant
- Spotless steel finish – looks identical to real stainless steel but without the smudging
- Independent freezer section
- Partial automatic defrost
- Interior light
- Tall bottle storage
- See-thru vegetable crisper with glass cover
- Reversible door hinge for left or right hand opening
Liebherr 13 Cu. Ft. Counter-Depth Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator: Stainless Steel
Two separate cooling systems for the refrigerator & freezer utilize a variable speed compressor that is quieter, more energy efficient and provides longer lasting operation.
- Energy Star compliant
- Super Quiet
- Swingline design stainless steel doors with ergonomic slim line Easy Open handle system
- Full stainless steel cabinet with Smart Steel doors
- Flexible Vario Box Sabbath Mode
- Refrigerator compartment-capacity 9.7 cu. ft.
- Full shelf for gallon storage on the door
- NoFrost freezer compartment-capacity 3.3 cu. ft
Here are two very different compact ranges from entry level to luxury.
Amana 20″ Cordless Gas Range: White
- (2) 9,500 BTU & (2) 7,000 BTU Sealed Burners
- 2.6 Cu. Ft. Capacity
- 2 Oven Racks
- Drop Down Broiler
- LP Conversion Kit Included
- Large Oven Window
- Spillsaver Upswept Cooktop Design
Bertazzoni Professional Series 24″ 4 Burner Gas Oven: Stainless Steel – Natural Gas
A compact design for the smaller kitchen has four burners including a dual-ring power burner, high-efficiency burner with separately controlled flames. The oven with gas broiler has a balanced air-flow convection fan to provide even heat distribution for single and multi-level roasting and baking.
For all your compact appliance needs, regardless of your budget, contact the experts at Universal Appliance and Kitchen Center today.
Two locations to serve you – Calabasas and Studio City:
All Major Appliances
12050 Ventura Blvd.
26767 Aguora Rd.
Mon-Sat. 9 AM to 6 PM
Sun 11 AM to 6 PM
Category: UAKC News