As promised here is advice from the experts on cleaning and maintenance of your appliances. Today we’ll cover the refrigerator. Future posts will cover your oven, dishwasher, vent hood, and microwave.
- To clean the cabinet exterior you can use any commercial kitchen cleaner or even baking soda. With baking soda, be sure to rinse throughly and dry with a soft cloth. If the cabinet is stainless steel, there are a variety of stainless steel cleaners available. Use sparingly to avoid streaking.
- Remove the front grill and vacuum under the front of the refrigerator.
- Clean the drip pan.
- Slide the refrigerator out and vacuum behind the refrigerator. Also vacuum the coils thoroughly.
- Clean the inside with a damp cloth. One expert recommends using a sponge soaked with vanilla extract to deodorize.
- Place an open box of baking soda in the refrigerator to absorb odors. Replace every 90 days.
- If you have a water dispenser check the filter and replace as recommended. Always replace at least once a year, regardless of usage.
Check back in a day or two for tips and tricks on cleaning and maintaining your oven.
For recommendations on a new refrigerator, be sure to check with your sales associate at Universal Kitchen and Bath Center at 12050 Ventura Blvd. Suite B-105, Studio City CA 91604 PH 877 696-2982
Category: UAKC News