Speed Cooking at Work
See it at Universal Appliance and Kitchen Center
Many of us probably think of microwave cooking when we hear the term Speed Cooking, and microwave assist is certainly a part of today’s speed cooking systems. However, it is a mistake to think of these products as merely microwave ovens.
What is Advantium? Here’s how GE describes this technology:
Advantium technology harnesses the power of light. The outside of the food is cooked like a conventional oven, with radiant heat produced by halogen bulbs above and below the food. This halogen-produced heat receives a boost of microwave energy. The result? Foods brown and cook evenly and fast, while retaining their natural moisture.
So, Advantium uses halogen bulbs to quickly heat food with conventional radiant type heat. At the same time, the Advantium oven receives a microwave boost from the oven’s magnetron tube. The results are amazing. You get all the advantages of conventional cooking- evenly cooked and browned, moist food, with the speed provided by powerful halogen lights assisted with microwave energy.
And for those items that you wish to cook conventionally or with convection, this double oven unit has a full-sized oven with convection in addition to the upper Advantium oven. See GE’s Advantium for yourself at one of the Universal Appliance and Kitchen Center (UAKC) showrooms in Studio City or Calabasas, Ca.
GE Profile™ Series 30 in. Combination Double Wall Oven with Convection and Advantium® Technology
- Speedcook oven 120V (upper oven)
- Enjoy oven-quality results two to four times faster than a conventional oven
- Multiple cooking functions
- Expand your cooking versatility with an all in one oven
- Halogen heat (upper oven)
- Skip the preheating with nearly instantaneous halogen heat
- Oven 175 preprogrammed menu selections (upper oven)
- Preprogrammed selections make meals easy
- True European convection (lower oven)
- Achieve delicious results from a third heating element and fan combination
The GE Advantium is one of several Speed Cooking systems available. Whirlpool, KitchenAid, and Jenn-Air also have versions of Speed Cooking, and Viking is launching a unique TurboChef Speed Cook oven. To learn more about Speed Cooking call or visit the professionals at Universal Appliance and Kitchen Center.
Two locations to serve you – Calabasas and Studio City:
Sun 11 AM to 6 PM